Saturday, January 26, 2008

Two days

Friday was an intense day. Had my pre-op apt with CMH..what a task! They ask all kinds of questions like what do your freckles smell like and how do you prefer your cocktail after surgery? (ok i'm kidding but I swear they were weird questions!) I had to have blood taken twice, I felt like I was joining a vampire cult. I had to pee in a cup even though I told them I haven't had my period in eight years. Hello? Not a chance in big bear that I would be pregnant but I had to pee anyways so I did.

So enough of the personal stuff, work was crazy. I ended up working on Saturday for a couple hours because I just didn't have enough time with all the appointments they have you go to the week before. Which was good and bad at the same time because I was hung over from my "last hurrah" party at the pub Friday night but it was quiet and no one else was around.

So, the surgery is Monday and I still don't know if I will have both jaws or just the upper jaw. Doc said he would tell me right before. Great! So right before I'll know more or less pain depends on this decision..can't wait!

I keep getting asked "are you excited?" am I excited to have my jaw broken and re-attached and survive on liquids for three to four weeks? Nope, I want to do it again next year too just for giggles.

Anyways, not sure why i'm in a joking mood, probably because comedy central is having a stand up comedy-thon and it's hilarious.

Well, dad comes down tomorrow, surgery Monday morning @ 7:30 a.m. and then movie mania! Woo hoo!

I think I'll be posting a lot more since I won't be able to talk! See you on the other side! ;D

No comments: