Friday, February 8, 2008

Favorite channel?

It's Friday, day 12 of my recovery and the feeling in my face is very slowly coming back. I get little tingles in my face now and then. The swelling has has gone down but not the drooling! Ugh, anyways still not enough energy yet to do very much. Forced myself to go to the store today to get more milk and instant breakfast for my attempt at going back to work on Monday, that is if the doctor thinks I'm ready. I just hope that my constant headache will subside. It's the worst in the morning when I wake up and sometimes when I've taken a nap or lying down. My whole head hurts and it feels like I have fluid in my ears. My neck hurts and my back hurts so bed is the only thing that relieves that.

So what do I do with all my time while I'm recovering? Well, being that I don't have much energy to do much and drooling limits me to things that I can't drool all over, I watch tv...a lot. My favorite channel? The Food Network. Yep, as cruel as it sounds to tease myself with images of really good food, I'm very into it. I don't cook much usually with my super busy schedule of work and school, but now that I have more time on my hands cooking seems very fun and I look forward to trying some of the easy recipes that I've seen on some of the shows. Rachel Ray and Patty's Home Cooking are my favorites. I look forward to trying some of these recipes and more importantly, taste them!

My roommate suggested I have a big dinner as soon as I can eat solid food again. My idea was an all you can eat buffet. Sounds good to me!

No comments: