Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Workin' hard

Monday I had another follow up apt with the oral surgeon. The bands came off temporarily and I could talk for the first time since the surgery. What an experience! It felt so good to talk as soon as I thought something rather then hesitating knowing nobody could understand me. Unfortunately that only lasted 5 minutes while I brushed my teeth real good and then the bands went back on. I was surprised to find out that the retainer was wired on by my braces so it wasn't going to come out for another 2-4 weeks. Doc said it depends on my jaw healing into place. Next week he said I should be able to learn how to remove the bands myself so I can clean my teeth better and easier.

Monday was interesting at work. The doctor's office accidentally put the wrong date on my work release form so I had to wait while HR got a revised fax from them. That took about an hour due to the doctor being busy with other surgeries. So I didn't start work until 2 p.m. and went home at 4 because it had already been a long day starting at 11 a.m. for me. Everyone at work was surprised and happy to see me (I think) and it hit me that it's going to be more difficult than I thought to not be able to talk at work. I went home and passed out.

Today I worked from noon to 4:30. I seemed to do ok but then I had to go to a mandatory employee meeting about all the changes that were going on. That took an hour and then I was done for the day. Hopefully next week I can get more food into me and my energy level will increase and work won't exhaust me so much.

The headaches and pain in my teeth are not getting better. I've taken more of the children's liquid ibuprofen pain medicine now then I did after I was released from the Hospital. I can't blow my nose so my sinuses are swollen and cause pain and my teeth hurt because I still have my braces on. It sucks because all I want to do is sleep but sleep hurts my jaw. It's a double edged sword.

No comments: