Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Follow up #2

Went to see the doc again on Monday. I finally got to see my model impression that the doc had done a pretend surgery on. Very exciting because I got to see what my teeth will look like since I can't see them even currently in my mouth. Then they just gave me a little irrigation cleaning. They basically put some medical strength mouth wash on my teeth and sucked it back out. Doc told me I am able to drive this week and I need to take more walks if I have the energy. He said that next week they will take the rubberbands off to give me a good teeth cleaning (finally) and possibly show me how to take the bands off myself so I can clean my teeth in the future.

So the one thing he told me that I had mistconstrued was that I can open my jaw but have to wear the bands longer than I thought. I thought it was bands for two weeks and then I just couldn't open my jaw do to bone and muscle re-alignment but he told me that I could open my jaw with the bands off but wear the bands for much longer. However, I think that I am healing a little faster then they thought so it may be different for different people. Good news either way. I look forward to getting this retainer thingy out of my mouth.

The pain hasn't been all that bad but I am getting sinus headaches because I can't blow my nose and little sticks of pain in my teeth and jaw. I wake up with a headache and go to sleep with a headache so it seems that when I'm lying with my head down the pressure on the jaw causes some pain. My back hurts all day from not working as much so I'm getting a message today to try to release some tension. Other than that my appetite has stayed the same but my taste for things is slowly coming back. I finally drank some other juice and had some tomato soup which needed much milking down and more salt to satisfy my taste but once I did was good.

No comments: