Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Scary but funny

So I had what was the best and the worst day yesterday. I had more energy then I ever had, and there wasn't much pain. I went to get a massage from my aunt to help with my back and neck tension and I felt much better. Then somehow I hit a huge steep slope. I all of a sudden had constipation and I went to clean my teeth (or attempt to) and I was excited that my upper lip had loosened up and wasn't numb or swollen that i could lift it up to clean my gums and higher. What I found was what I thought were nerves sticking down from my lip. I was horrified! They are white where they are attached and dark brown at the tips. I figured that the tips must be dying or something and that's why they weren't under the skin anymore. So today, I emailed the doctor asking if this was something normal or if I should be concerned. I didn't get a response for a few hours so I had my roommate call the office to ask the surgery coordinator what she thought. She said it was probably stitches but should come in just in case. Finally the doctor replied to my email and he said they were my stitches and would disolve on their own. OH! Whew! Ok, well that's better. So that was kinda funny because I really thought they were nerves! My friend Michael even asked, "How do you know they are nerves?" I told him that they are white and when I pulled on one it hurt! The brown tips must be from all the liquid chocolate instant breakfast I eat everyday. Didn't know I had stitches so it was the only logical thing was nerves. Ha!

No comments: